Are you looking to score some free deodorant samples by mail?
- Daily Goodie Box - Grab a GIANT box of free samples from some of the world's most popular brands.
- Try Products - What's better than one giant box of free stuff? TWO giant boxes of free stuff. Join Try Products to get even more free samples shipped right to you.
- Opinion Outpost - Test new products, keep them, and get paid for your feedback. Sign up for free to get started.
Whether you’re switching to a new deodorant brand and want to try out a new product or you hope to save some cash every month with a freebie deodorant, this guide is for you.
5 Places You Can Get Free Deodorant Samples
Here are 5 places to look out for deodorant.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for men’s deodorant or women’s deodorant, these places are still valid.
1. Direct from Deodorant Companies
- Register for company newsletters: The first thing you need to do is go to the websites of all these brands: Old Spice, Dove, Degree Deodorant, Art of Sports (AOS), Speed Stick, Native, Tom’s of Maine, Secret, Suave, Kopari, Certain DRI, Ban deodorant, Oars+Alps, Schmidt’s, and more.
- Follow social media accounts of the brands you’re eyeing. Check their Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik-Tok, YouTube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Contact directly. This is a long shot, but e-mail the brands you want and request free deodorant samples. Sometimes, you’ll have a bigger chance if you indicate a mailing address inside your e-mail and the companies just send samples without replying anymore.
2. Retailers of Personal Care and Beauty Products
Sephora, Ulta Beauty, and other similar giant beauty retailers are up-to-date with product releases and partner with brands for their promotions. As such, it is important you:
- Opt-in to newsletters of these companies (so you will be notified whenever giveaways are available)
- Spy them on social media (Sometimes, promotions are hosted only on social media and not elsewhere)
- Join their rewards/loyalty programs (because some promos are only sent out to members)
Both Sephora and Ulta Beauty also have a birthday gift promotion, which gives free stuff to its members on their birth month.
If you’re lucky to receive free deodorant products as part of these promos, then lucky you! If not, you can always enjoy other products that are included in the gift.
3. Seek Out New Brands
This method will require a bit of digging and setting up notifications, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised every time you discover a new brand.
Why look for new brands if you have renowned brands above?
Well, many independent beauty brands offer free deodorant samples in exchange for word-of-mouth reviews.
This is how they make their name online, so you should take advantage of this since it’s a win-win.
Here’s what I do to search for deodorant brands:
- Set up Google Alerts: You enter a term like “free deodorant for women,” “free deodorant samples,” “free organic deodorant,” “aluminum-free deodorant samples,” and so on. Save the results and wait for “alerts” to arrive in your email. Every time a company publishes a press release about a new deodorant product or giveaway, you’ll be notified via your chosen email. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t opted into their newsletter – Google Alerts uses its magic to alert you about it instead.
- Independent Brands on Etsy: Sometimes, there are independent Etsy brands that give away free deodorant samples. The only downside in looking for them at Etsy is that you’d have to shoulder shipping expenses. For example, Ziryab’s Body Brew has been offering its lotion deodorant freebie for a long time. It’s the reason why many of the intrigued sample-hunters became the brand’s loyal customers in the long run. The product works so well that the company is confident you’d buy bigger deodorant sizes after the free samples run out. Such a winner concept.
4. Reward Sites
If you already discovered the deodorant that works for you the best and simply just wanted to get free deodorant every month, this is the route you’d want to take.
Many reward sites pay people with gift cards in exchange for small tasks. Here’s what you should do:
- Check out sites like Walmart, Target, Sephora, Ulta Beauty, and other online retailers. Find the brand and deodorant line that you want. List down the stores and take note of the payment options available.
- Join survey sites. Survey sites like SurveyJunkie ask you to answer surveys and then reward you with points after. Do enough of these surveys to earn points and redeem the points for a Walmart gift card (or other GCs) or cash via PayPal.
- Download cashback apps. Rakuten (formerly eBates) partners with over 2,500 stores, so every time you buy from these stores, you earn some of the money back via the Rakuten app. Once you’ve earned enough cash back credits, you can exchange them for gift cards, which you can then use to purchase your hygiene products.
- Do tasks at reward sites. Join Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars, and other similar sites, then complete small tasks like web searching, watching videos, answering surveys, or online gaming. Every activity equals points. Once you reach the minimum amount of points needed to payout, you can redeem the points as gift cards from retailers like Walmart, Target, etc.
5. Free Deodorant Samples for Students
If you’re looking for free deodorant specifically for kids, teachers can request gender-based, puberty kits for students at PGSchoolPrograms.com. This kit usually includes free deodorant samples. Old Spice has a similar program.
Non-profit organizations also offer programs like these.
For example, Boston-based Hope & Comfort has a youth hygiene insecurity program that supplies items like soap and deodorant, which would improve the health and self-esteem of young people and give them the confidence to succeed.
Kits for Kidz also has hygiene kits, school activity kits, bags, and PPE kits. This organization partners with schools, non-profit orgs, charities, faith-based organizations, and even parents in need of free kits for kids and youth.
RELATED 25 Free Subscription Boxes to Try
FAQs about Free Deodorant Samples
Started your search for deodorant or antiperspirant samples? These most common questions might help:
How many times can you get free deodorant samples?
You can request deodorant freebies directly from companies multiple times.
Welcome gift boxes of Sephora, Ulta, and other similar retailers only give one gift box per customer.
It's a giant box of free samples and it comes right to your door at no cost.
Click here and get yours.
But birthday gifts are another story.
Unfortunately, both types of gift boxes do not guarantee free deodorant because every gift box will contain different products.
What types of free deodorant can you get?
Every brand has a special line of deodorants – some are cream-based, others are in liquid, lotion, or powder form.
The deodorant samples you can get will depend largely on the brand giving away the freebies.
Is there a testing program for deodorant and antiperspirant products?
Unlike fragrances and other products, testing deodorant may not be such a good idea.
This is particularly true for deodorants that contain aluminum or other known toxins (such as parabens, triclosan, phthalates, propylene glycol, and more) because these ingredients have been linked to some cancer and reproductive development issues.
The risk is simply not worth it.
It’s better to try products that have already passed rigorous testing and certification.
RELATED 25 Legit Ways to Get Free Steam Gift Cards Today
The Bottom Line
I hope you enjoy hunting for free deodorant samples. Receiving freebies is always something I get excited about.
If you’re coming from a place where you don’t know where to get legit freebies, you won’t feel like you’re missing out. But now you know that brands really do give away free stuff like toiletries, bath bombs, toothpaste samples, men’s cologne, women’s perfume samples, and skincare products… you won’t see it any other way.